Towing equipment has certainly changed over the years. They have gone from being basically a pickup truck with a single hoist to more sophisticated trucks for towing cars and larger trucks for handling other large vehicles like semis, RV’s and buses. As vehicles have changed with more models and categories so has the equipment needed to tow them. No longer does a tow truck driver have to crawl under a broken down vehicle and wrap chains around the frame, then crawl out and start a winch to lift the car off the ground so it could be towed.
The type of equipment a tow truck driver shows up with depends on the situation. Mission Valley Towing has a tow vehicle to accommodate any kind of distressed vehicle in any kind of terrain and in any kind of weather. One of the more popular tow trucks is actually not really a tow truck at all but rather a flat bed. The truck operator lowers the flatbed and, after connecting cables to your vehicle, winches it up onto the lowered bed. Once the vehicle is firmly in place the bed is raised and “voila”, your car is not being towed by a truck, but being transported by a truck.
So don’t wait until you need your towing company before an incident. Check out companies now, pick one and keep their number handy in your cell phone or written down in your glove box. Not all towing companies are the same even though there is plenty of competition. Finding a reputable, fast and efficient one that will respond to your emergency is the trick. How do you find such a company?
• References from friends and family is a good place to start
• The internet is an obvious choice for searching for anything including towing companies. Check how long they have been in service, read their “about us” page to get their company philosophy, if possible check out photos of their equipment to see what they have, and most importantly, read their comments section if they have one. If they don’t, search Google websites that provide a complaint section for different companies and see if they are listed.
• Call your auto insurance agent and see who they normally work with
• Determine how they get paid either by you or your insurance company
• Determine the distances they will travel and if there are any additional charges for mileage or anything else
• Check out what services they provide and see if they also will jump start your car or bring out gasoline
• Make sure they are a 24/7 operation
If you are looking for a good car towing company you don’t have to look any further than Mission Valley Towing in San Diego. But don’t take our word for it check us out. Go down the above list and you will see we meet all the requirements you need from a reliable, professional towing company. And by the way, our number is toll free. Why not enter it into your cell phone now. 1-800-619-4869