Celebrate a night out safely by planning ahead with Mission Valley Towing
Every year there are thousands of accidents on the road during the holidays, it´s extremely important for drivers to be prepared and have peace of mind during the holidays.
During Memorial Day weekend in 2008 only there were nearly 42 million people traveling during the weekend, with approximately 37 million traveling by automobile, the highest number since 2005.
Even the most basic precautions can help save tons of life, choosing a designated driver, staying where you are celebrating, or calling an Uber or Lyft or some other form of transportation that is safe.
When people are not fit to drive after a party they are not only putting at risk the life of the person behind the wheel, they are also risking the lives of other motorists on the road.
These are a few very important reminders to ensure safe driving and to avoid DWI arrests during the holiday season in San Diego, CA:
– Always have a designated non-drinking drivers who can can drive everyone home safely when you are attending a party or social event.
– Don´t drink alcohol or serve it under any circumstances if you or someone in your party is under 21 years old.
– If you had a few drinks and are not capable to drive call a family member or friend for help.
– Don´t allow anyone drive you if that person has been drinking, ask them to stop the car immediately and call someone for a drive home.
– Make sure that you have the number of a cab company handy in case you need it.
Install the drive sharing apps like Uber and Lyft for in case you or a love one needs a drive home.
– If there is nothing else available to go home the same night, think about staying there for the night instead of getting on the road while under the influence of alcohol.
– If you are driving and notice there is a drunk driver on the road do not try to make contact but call 911 and let them know that there is a person under the influence who is dangerously driving.
– Keep in mind that drinking alcohol is not the only thing that can impaired your ability to drive, but also drugs like marihuana and even prescription drugs.
It’s important to always be prepared, don’t wait until the last minute to find out what you need to do in a particular situation, being involved in a car accident is not fun, continue reading our San Diego Auto Accidents checklist brought to you by Mission Valley Towing and learn about San Diego auto accidents most common questions.
Mission Valley Towing is a towing service company providing services in the entire San Diego area including roadside assistance, tire replace and repair, car unlocking, battery jumpstart and off-road recovery for motorcycles and automobiles.
Mission Valley Towing is available starting Monday through Sunday 24h a day. We are available by calling 1-800-619-4869 or go to http://missionvalleytowing.com/ for any towing service need in San Diego, California.